«60 revolutions per minute, this is my regular speed, so how do you want me to live with it? How do you want me to live with it? Without ringing all alarms! Without overthrowing czars! Without emptying the bars! Without screwing with your charts!

I'm gathering new generation that's gonna stand up to it, to this karaoke, karaoke dictatorship. Where posers and models with guitars boogie to the shit for beats. I make a better rock revolution alone with my dick!»

quinta-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2010

Ballad of Mulan

(...)
Ask her of whom she thinks,
Ask her for whom she longs.


"There is no one I think of,
There is no one I long for.


Last night I saw the army notice,
The Khan is calling a great draft -


A dozen volumes of battle rolls,
Each one with my father's name.


My father has no grown-up son,
And I have no elder brother.


I'm willing to buy a horse and saddle,
To go to battle in my father's place."

(...)

Ten thousand miles she rode in war,
Crossing passes and mountains as if on a wing.


On the northern air comes the sentry's gong,
Cold light shines on her coat of steel.


The general dead after a hundred battles,
The warriors return after ten years.


They return to see the Son of Heaven,
Who sits in the Hall of Brilliance.


The rolls of merit spin a dozen times,
Rewards in the hundreds and thousands.


The Khan asks her what she desires,
"I've no need for the post of a gentleman official,


I ask to borrow a camel fleet of foot,
To carry me back to my hometown."

(...)

The buck bounds here and there,
Whilst the doe has narrow eyes.


But when the two rabbits run side by side,
How can you tell the female from the male?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário